Mining Commissioning and Start-Up Support
SGS’s highly skilled and experienced experts provide metallurgical process commissioning and start-up support to help you achieve full design capacity quickly and efficiently.
Rapidly attaining 100% design capacity means you get significant financial payback and more value from your investment.
SGS can help you achieve your optimal throughput and recovery with services such as:
- Training of your key personnel – plant staff and managers
- Audit and optimization of metallurgical processes
- Troubleshooting and debottlenecking
Factors contributing to a slow start-up and thus poor returns on investment include:
- Poor understanding of variation in the orebody and thus feed quality
- Incomplete pilot plant testing
- Limited understanding of process chemistry
- Poor understanding of innovative technology
- Inadequately trained staff
All of these are addressable, with the right partnership arrangements.
From rigorous bench-scale testing, to High Definition Mineralogy, geometallurgy, computer simulation and integrated pilot plants, SGS provides proven services to mitigate the technical risks of your project. Even if SGS has not been a partner on your project prior to start-up, we can still help you address and troubleshoot commissioning issues so you can achieve your start-up goals.
SGS has the expertise to help you achieve a successful start-up to reach your design capacity on-time and on-budget. Our experts have extensive experience with the unit operations and technologies used in the metallurgical industry today. Partner with SGS to significantly reduce your start-up risk.